Pageviews past week

Wednesday, July 8, 2020

The Shelter of Your Wings


July 9, 2020


David appears to have written this Psalm at a time of uncertainty (perhaps when he ran from his son, Absalom). He seems to be looking for safety and stability in God’s presence. Reflect on that longing as you read today and see what God draws out of the text, and out of you, through this beautiful Psalm. 


STUDY THE SCRIPTURE

Click here to access the reading from Psalm 61
For more help use this Bible Study method

REFLECTION

Reflect on these words and consider what God might be saying to you. Note each line and its significance in your life today.

Hear my cry, O God;

    listen to my prayer.

From the ends of the earth I call to you,

    I call as my heart grows faint;
    lead me to the rock that is higher than I.

For you have been my refuge,

    a strong tower against the foe.
 I long to dwell in your tent forever
    and take refuge in the shelter of your wings.[b]
 For you, God, have heard my vows;
    you have given me the heritage of those who fear your name.
 Increase the days of the king’s life,
    his years for many generations.

May he be enthroned in God’s presence forever;

    appoint your love and faithfulness to protect him.
 Then I will ever sing in praise of your name
    and fulfill my vows day after day.
UALC’S CAMPAIGN OF PRAYER 
    
THURSDAY: TRIUMPH
Pray for scientists all over the world seeking antidotes to heal the world of this virus. Pray they would be triumphant quickly



No comments: