Pageviews past week

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Arm's Length Away -- Numbers 11:23-30


For years I didn’t give God much thought. I went my own direction, stumbled along in my own personal captivity. After a number of years the load began to get very heavy and then one day, God entered the scene. Now, I know He was there all along, but I wasn’t open to Him.

The Scripture reading for today tells about the Israelites’ battle with belief and trust. Freed after years of captivity from an oppressive ruler, God is leading them to the Promised Land. They do not have to worry about food; God provided manna each morning that would sustain them all day. But they began to grumble, they complained about not having any meat to eat. They didn’t trust God.

God told Moses He would provide meat and Moses questioned how he was going to that. Isn’t that just like something you or I would do, question God after He has come through for us over and over again? Numbers 11:23 (NIV) The Lord answered Moses, "Is the Lord's arm too short? You will now see whether or not what I say will come true for you."

Dear Heavenly Father,

How many times do you have to show up before I acknowledge Your love and care and trust that You will always be there for me? Help my unbelief!

Read the text for today at Biblegateway Numbers 11:23-30

No comments: