Pageviews past week

Monday, May 17, 2010

What Should You Do? Exodus 31:1-11

When we were members of a church in Virginia, the children's department needed someone for music time with 2-3 year olds. No one stepped forward, so my husband, Bob, volunteered. For eight weeks six little faces smiled and six pairs of little legs danced and wiggled. Bob and the children had a great time together. Working with 2-3 year olds wasn't something Bob wanted to do. He just felt strongly he was supposed to help. God gave him what he needed to bring joy and music to the little children.

Bezalel and Oholiab were personally chosen by God to construct the tabernacle. The tabernacle was a portable worship center. It was a sacred place where God would meet His people, the Israelites, during the 40 years they wandered in the wilderness under Moses' leadership. It was a place where people would come together to worship and offer sacrifices. God gave Bezalel and Oholiab the ability and knowledge in all kinds of craftmanship in order to accomplish the work of building the tabernacle. He also gave various other craftsmen skills to help them.

When God called these men into service, He provided them with what they needed. God did this so that, "They'll make everything just the way I've commanded you [Moses]."

Prayer
Lord, help my ears hear and understand where I should lend a hand. Give me eyes to see what you need me to do. Help me trust You to provide what I need to get going. Amen


Read text at Biblegateway, Exodus 31:1-11

No comments: