Pageviews past week

Friday, May 28, 2010

Jesus Loves Me This I Know

I love putting my son to bed every night. Not for the reason that some may think. I don’t like putting him to bed in order have a few hours of rest. No, I just love our nighttime routine.

Every night my husband and I carry our three year old to bed and tell him how much we love him, we pray with him, and then he says, “Momma, Jesus” which I know means. “Sing Jesus loves me”. My husband and I then sing to our son.

Jesus loves me this I know, for the Bible tells me so… I’m sure you know the song. Evan loves that song. And like Paul says in our scripture passage today, “For what I received I passed on to you as of first importance…” I know that the most important thing I can tell my son is that Jesus loves him and died for him. If I fail to do this as a parent, everything I have done is in vain.

Let’s remember to tell everyone we know Jesus loves them. How will you tell them? Through your words or your actions—the details don’t matter just make sure they know.

You can read this passage on Bible gateway 1 Corinthians 15:1-11

No comments: