Pageviews past week

Thursday, May 27, 2010

No Sad Goodbyes


As my daughter and two grandsons were leaving our house the other afternoon I could hear the little voices shouting out their goodbyes. The moment was filled with chubby waving arms, a few kisses being blown my way and even a little tear from the youngest. It was clear they enjoyed their time at grandpa and grandma’s house and it was also evident they love us, simply by the way they said goodbye.

I was reminded of this scene when I read the scripture passage for today. “May the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all.” (2 Corinthians 13:14)

This verse reminds me that God, the author of love, loves me and doesn’t want me to leave Him. The benediction above is God sharing His approval of my visit. The words further encourage me to come back again, real soon because He will miss me. I understand from this one line, that Jesus favors my company and the Holy Spirit wants to fellowship with me. Isn’t that wonderful news?

Dear God, thank you for loving me. Thank you for sharing your Son and thank you for the Holy Spirit’s presence in my life. Fill my heart every day with grace, love and fellowship. Amen

Read the text for this Scripture at Biblegateway 2 Corinthians 13:14

We would enjoy hearing your thoughts. Please feel welcome to comment below.

No comments: