Pageviews past week

Saturday, May 29, 2010

Spiritual Flabbiness -- 1 Timothy 4:1-11

"Exercise daily in God--no spiritual flabbiness, please! Workouts in the gymnasium are useful, but a disciplined life in God is far more so, making you fit both today and forever. You can count on this. Take it to heart." 1 Timothy 4:8 MSG

Where do you like to meet God each day? I love to go on walks and talk with God along the way. Spring is my favorite time of year. I can breathe in fresh air, enjoy the beautiful flowers, hear birds singing, and see squirrels scurrying up trees. I feel close to God on these walks. Sometimes I listen to Bible readings or a downloaded sermon while walking outside or on the treadmill. This is my daily exercise time with God.

A disciplined daily study in God's Word is more difficult for me to maintain. I am not successful planning my day to avoid little distractions that crowd out my quiet time. A specific purpose for study helps me with discipline. I concentrate and dig deeper in Scripture when I put myself into situations that require making time for God's Word in my day. Writing devotions is my latest adventure for meeting God in His Word every day. I've also enjoyed daily reading Bibles, group Bible studies, and other writing projects.

I hope you are finding a way that works for you to read and study God's Word daily.

I hear Paul saying, "Know the Truth about God, strengthen your relationship with Him, power up in His Word; do this daily so you will be prepared to tell others."

We would like to hear your thoughts. Click on Comments below.

1 comment:

Katie Sherrill said...

Thank you for this reminder to strengthen our spiritual muscles. Remember if you haven't done it in awhile it may hurt at first. LOL Praise God!