Pageviews past week

Saturday, May 8, 2010

Keep it to Yourself Romans 10:14-17

“Where did you ever hear about this place,” my friend asked? “It is wonderful. The entire family had the time of their life. It was our best vacation ever and can’t wait to go again next year.”

“It is advertised as the best kept secret in the Midwest,” I answered. Then I started to think, why would anyone keep this wonderful vacation spot a secret? Are they afraid there won’t be enough room for them the next time they want to come? Perhaps they are afraid the people they are trying to escape may hear about this place. Maybe they just don’t want to share this good news with everyone.

Paul poses that same question in Romans when he asks--How will your loved ones and neighbors hear the Good News unless someone tells them? (Romans 10:14 MSG “But how can people call for help if they don't know who to trust? And how can they know who to trust if they haven't heard of the One who can be trusted? And how can they hear if nobody tells them?”)

Father, give me the courage to share the Good News with my family and neighbors. Remind me daily that if I don’t tell them they may never know of the wonderful life waiting for them. Amen.

No comments: