Pageviews past week

Friday, May 7, 2010

Tall Tales John 4:39-42

My grandfather could tell some unbelievable stories. I remember hearing about a little girl strolling along a path in the woods and she stumbled upon a cottage owned by a family of bears. There was another story of a brother and sister walking in the forest, leaving a trail of breadcrumbs so they could find their way out. They were captured by a witch who lived in a gingerbread house. I loved these stories and often wanted them to be true; I wanted to live them myself.

The story of the Samaritan woman is similar in that it seemed to be a pretty tall tale. How could a man tell her all about herself? (“Many of the Samaritans from that town believed in him because of the woman's testimony, "He told me everything I ever did." John 4:39). How could a man she had never met before know all the sorted details of her life, the shameful facts of living with a man who wasn’t her husband? To top it off she went back into her town and told everyone what He said; revealed these things to all who would listen and her testimony brought others to believe.

Dear Heavenly Father,
I know how important it is for me to share my testimony with others.  Give me the courage to watch for moments when I could share with someone who doesn't know you, just how good you have been to me.  Amen.

No comments: