Pageviews past week

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Stay Connected -- Romans 8:9-11

When was the last time you felt alone? When my husband had a serious stroke, I felt alone riding in the ambulance, arriving at the hospital, and being led to a waiting area filled with strangers.

God made His presence known. As I sat trying to gather my thoughts, He was thinking of me. His Spirit led me through His Word, "Never will I leave you...When you are afraid, trust in Me..."

I had been praying, but could only manage a sentence here and there. I struggled to quiet myself. I prayed the prayer Jesus taught me, "Our Father...." I was lost in my own prayer feeling the warmth of the Spirit, when I became aware of people around me crying and talking on cell phones. They sounded lonely and afraid. I realized I was not anxious and alone. Through Prayer I received peace and comfort beyond my understanding.

Paul was writing to the Romans (and us) about being with the Spirit. A Christian has the Spirit living within him.

God the Father, Jesus Christ the Son, and the Holy Spirit were with me threaded together as one. I knew them and they knew me. We have a connection, which means I will never be alone. I pray you have this relationship, too.

Prayer: Father, I am filled with gratitude for your loving care. Help me stay connected. Help me wait and watch for the Spirit's comfort and direction when I feel alone and afraid. Amen

We would like to hear your thoughts. Click on Comments below.

No comments: