Pageviews past week

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Pass It On -- Matthew 28:16-20

Sitting in a community garden area eating lunch, I was distracted by a lady gesturing to people sitting at another table. She wanted them to look at a cardboard sign she was wearing. She moved from table to table repeating this rather curious behavior. People were smiling and clapping, enjoying her presence. I wondered what she was about and was especially curious about the sign she was wearing.

When she appeared at my table, I looked at the sign, then up at a smiling face, the sign read, "God has been good to me."

"Yes!" I said and lifted my hand to meet hers in a high five.

I have told this story a number of times. As I share it in this devotion, I wonder how many other people are also passing the story around. How many people have heard the story of God's love through this one lady?

Jesus gave personal instruction to his followers to step out in faith, to spread the Good News that God offers a new life and forgiveness through His Son, Jesus, who died on the cross.

Prayer: Father God, help me take steps to put my faith into action. Help me see who needs to hear about the new life and forgiveness you offer. Strengthen my faith. Put the desire on my heart to pass on what you have done for me as I go about my daily activities. Amen

No comments: