Pageviews past week

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Some Doubted...?


Then the eleven disciples went to Galilee, to the mountain where Jesus had told them to go. When they saw him, they worshiped him; but some doubted.  Matthew 28:16

But some doubted… Wow, what hard words to understand. How could some of the eleven remaining disciples doubt after all they had been through? They have seen the risen Messiah. They have touched him, broke bread with him, some have fished with him again. I’m not sure what they doubted, maybe they were on overload. Too much has happened this past month to process. Maybe they doubted that Jesus should be leaving again. The job before them was too big.

Whatever their doubt, it doesn’t seem to stress Jesus. He sees the big picture. He went ahead and commissioned those standing there, assuring them that, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me.” It’s as if he is saying, “You know me, we have spent lots of time doing this work already. Now trust me and keep doing what we’ve been doing, and oh yeah, I am with you ALWAYS, to the very end of the age. When you need me I’ll be right here.”

Let’s trust God for that today.

Read today entire passage on Bible Gateway Matthew 28: 16-20

We would love to hear your thoughts. Click on "comments" below if you would like to share with us.

No comments: