Pageviews past week

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Judgment of the Flood - Genesis 7-9

God waited for generations. Evil escalated out of control and became widespread. All people on earth, judged guilty of their sins, were destroyed by God. Hope remained with only one man. God protected Noah and his family from the judgment of the flood.

God told Noah and Noah’s offspring, “Never again will I curse the ground because of man, even though every inclination of his heart is evil from childhood.” (Gen 8:21) God recognized people would continue to do evil.

Through Noah and his descendants, God sets in motion a plan to help prevent people from reaching the depths of evil they reached before the flood. Judgment happened then hope shined through the darkness.

It is distressing to see evil and its consequences continue to worsen around us today. Murder is escalating in our communities. Marriage vows and commitments are easily set aside. Persecution of Christians is happening around the world. Attempts to explain or discuss increasing immorality are filled with doom and gloom.

I hang on to God's hope, not the doom and gloom of a sinful world. There is safety and deliverance in God’s promise. I am blessed when I witness God's patience and continued work through circumstances and people everyday. He is certainly patient with my shortcomings. I feel Him molding and making me a better person through my temptations, failures and difficulties!

When I catch sight of a rainbow I see the hope that God offers. I pray you see it, too.

We enjoy your comments, click on Comments below.

If you would like to send your comments directly by email, click here.

To read today's text on Biblegateway, click here.

No comments: