Pageviews past week

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Lamp in a Dark Place -- 2 Peter 3:16-21

Have you experienced total darkness? When I was in high school I went on a tour to see the inside of a cave. Deep in the cave, our guide said the lights would be turned off so we could experience the darkness. When the lights went out, we were covered by total darkness. The silence was chilling. I didn't move as I feared falling or stepping into danger. I remember the moment when our guide lit a lamp so we could see her face as she continued telling us about the cave. My focus was on the only light in the darkness.

I don't like to be in dark places due to my experience in the cave. I always look for exits when I'm in strange places to be prepared to get out if necessary. I don't want to put my trust in someone else to lead me to safety. They may not know where they are going!

Today's scripture reminds me to be careful not to be led into darkness by people who pretend to know the gospel. Reading and studying scripture is essential to prepare myself and keep confusion from entering my mind and heart. God's Words are like a light shining through the darkness helping me grow more and more in the grace and understanding of Jesus Christ, my Savior.


To leave a comment click on Comments below.
If you prefer to comment by email, we invite you to do that here.

1 comment:

Bethany said...

I appreciate your honesty and earnestly hope that I will heed your warning about those who would lead somewhere other than where God wants me to be.