Pageviews past week

Saturday, July 3, 2010

Shine On, 2 Corinthians 3:12-18

Can I confess something? I don’t like children’s sermons. Hear me out. Back in the day, I loved them. I loved the cute kids, and laughed whenever they gave away a family “secret”. That was, until I had a little one up there.

As a pastor’s kid, Evan is extremely comfortable at church. He thinks his job is to entertain everyone. So of course they love to give him the microphone during children’s sermons. I guess it’s not the children’s sermon I dislike so much as I fear what my son will say. One mention of how our family passes gas or how I lose my temper and the sweet Christian family, the congregation has pictured is shattered.

Can you hear my sarcasm? I hope so.

Today’s scripture requires us to keep things in perspective or we will be too intimidated to be effective. 2 Corinthians 3 says, “And we, who with unveiled faces all reflect the Lord's glory, are being transformed into his likeness with ever-increasing glory.”

Did you know when the Holy Spirit is at work, you reflect the Lord’s glory? You glow. This is scary if we take ourselves too seriously. Remember we are not the source of the glow, God is. With all our flaws, God still shines his glory through us, for those who are seeking. So shine on flawed one.

Read the entire passage on Biblegateway.com 2 Corinthians 3:12-18

Share your comments on this passage. Click comments below and leave your thoughts.

If you prefer to comment via email do that here.

No comments: