Pageviews past week

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Joseph's Family and Pharaoh -- Genesis 47


We find a number of stories or lessons nestled within this one chapter of scripture. The story in chapter 47 of Genesis is interesting, as we get to see perhaps one of the first instances of family influence in action. In the first seven verses we witness Joseph, introducing his brothers to Pharaoh. Pharaoh obviously thinks highly of Joseph because he tells him to take his family to Goshen and give them some of the best land in Egypt. This appears to be a time good be a member of the boss’s family.

Pharaoh tells Joseph, “If your brothers can handle it, put them in charge of my own livestock.” Joseph’s standing with Pharaoh afforded his family with special benefits at time in history when there wasn’t much opportunity in the land.

There are times I feel like I received special treatment because of the exceptional grace I have from knowing who Jesus is. As a member of the family of God I am heir to His kingdom. He provides me with all I need to survive each day. A very interesting parallel exists between the blessings Joseph’s family received and the blessings we receive.

To read all the text for today go to Biblegate and Genesis 47. To return to this posting hit the back arrow.

We welcome your comments or if you prefer you may connect with us via email here.

No comments: