Pageviews past week

Friday, August 20, 2010

The Positive Side of Failure Genesis 43


I have a phobia of failure. Ok, maybe phobia is extreme but I absolutely hate messing up. I understand I’m not perfect, but for some reason I’ll allow others imperfects long before my own. I’m learning though that life is about learning and growing when we fall short.

A couple days ago we saw Judah running from his failures only to turn around and do wrong again. Today Judah is taking responsibility and is willing to suffer the consequences if his youngest brother does not return home when they go to get food from Pharaoh. It’s refreshing to see some integrity from one of these brothers.


Then Judah said to Israel his father, "Send the boy along with me and we will go at once, so that we and you and our children may live and not die. I myself will guarantee his safety; you can hold me personally responsible for him. If I do not bring him back to you and set him here before you, I will bear the blame before you all my life." Genesis 43:8-10

Judah grew during the years of failure that he incurred. He wasn’t living with integrity when he sold his brother into slavery, or lying to his son’s widow, but he did realize his mistakes and changed his behavior. For those of us who are in Christ, we are a new creation the old has gone and the new has come. Our past does not have to haunt us, and through God’s wisdom we can learn and live differently.

Read the entire passage on Biblegateway Genesis 43

No comments: