Pageviews past week

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Unashamed Love John 18:19-27

I remember growing up being one who would defend those in need. If a friend was lied about I would go to bat for them. If a bully picked on my friend I would take a stand. I wonder how far I would have gone as one of Jesus' disiples. Truth has always been an important thing to me, but would I risk my life for the truth?


In today’s passage Jesus says, “If I spoke the truth, why did you strike me? These are powerful words spoken by Jesus after a high priest struck him for defending himself. No one else is coming to his defense so Jesus is standing up alone. We see later in the passage that Peter is in the processes of denying Jesus three times.


I don’t know how I would have acted back in the day when Jesus was on trial, but I can make the choice to stand up for him today. After all He has done for me, I chose today to testify of his love and sacrifice.

Read the entire passage on Biblegateway John 18:19-27 

No comments: