Pageviews past week

Friday, November 5, 2010

Saints in Heaven - Revelation - 21:22-22:6

As a child, I would often play make-believe.  My friends and I would go to a dream world, using our imagination as we interacted with one another.  Sometimes we would argue over who would be the good guy and who had to be the bad guy.  The one who wore the black hat would hide in the shadows while the white hatted hero got to ride off into the sunset victorious.

When I read the Book of Revelation I am amazed and awestruck.  It seems like the land of make believe I once played in; a place where all the bad became good, and evil lost out every time.  I don't recall any of these sessions ending with any of us gaining lots of money, but there was always laughter and happiness.

My small mind has this great vision of a perfect world, but it is so limited in scope that I will have to wait until the day Jesus reads of the Book, and calls my name to understand just what this will be like.  For now, I will cling to "These words are trustworthy and true.  The Lord, the God of the spirits of the prophets, set his angel to show his servants the things that must soon take place." (Revelation 22:6)

To read the complete text for today click here .  To return to this posting hit the back arrow.

No comments: