Pageviews past week

Friday, April 22, 2011

Your Body is So Heavenly ;) 1 Corinthians 15:42-49

Our passages over the past few days have given us a pretty cool look into what life will be like in heaven. Yesterday my mom shared with you some of the conversations her and my dad had concerning what we will look like in heaven. Today’s passage tells us why we will have a different body.

Our passage says, “Everyone on earth has a body like the body of the one who was made from the dust of the earth.” This of course is Adam. We remember that along with Adam and everything else that was created, our bodies will age and deteriorate. We have an expiration date.

The passage continues by saying, “And everyone in heaven has a body like the body of the one who came from heaven…we will be like the one who came from heaven.” The one who came from heaven is obviously Jesus.

That is so cool. I love it when the Bible doesn’t just teach us about today; I get excited when I get glimpses into what God has planned for our future. I find myself resting a bit easier knowing that God, the Alpha and Omega, has this all planned out.

Read the entire passage at Biblegateway 1 Corinthians 15:42-49

No comments: