Pageviews past week

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

As I read our scripture passage today something jumped off the page at me. The end of verse five says, “God washed us by the power of the Holy Spirit. He gave us new birth and a fresh beginning.”

My brother-in-law and sister-in-law are expecting their first child. It is such an exciting time for them as they anticipate the blessing God is giving them. Their little baby is going to have a fresh beginning on life.

One thing Tom and Heather will learn, if they don’t already know, is how when babies start their new life they are totally dependent on us. I was shocked as my little one grew, that I had to teach him everything. For some reason I thought Evan would know how to eat when he was old enough.

If you think about it the only things a newborn can do on its own is cry, sleep, and go to the bathroom. Everything else needs a mother and father's hand.

When God saved us through the sacrifice of His Son, we got a fresh beginning, and with that new start we need to remember that we can’t do everything this new life offers on our own.

Just like a new born child needs his loving parent to teach him how to survive in this crazy world. We need to allow our heavenly father, through the Holy Spirit, to guide us.

Read today's passage at Biblegateway Titus 3:1-11

No comments: