Pageviews past week

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Romans 8:1-11

Since beginning this series on The Holy Spirit, I have been focusing on when the Holy Spirit first took me on as a candidate for Christianity. I have tried to rethink times in my life when I felt the presence of the Holy Spirit, if I recognized it then or not. I suspect it was way back when, as Psalm 139 verse 13 says, "For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. God has had a plan for me from the very beginning, just like He has for you.

I love to read the Genesis 1:2 verse, "Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters." The Spirit of God was hovering over the waters, isn't that an awesome picture? Before anything was anything, the Spirit of God was there. This Spirit is responsible for every 'born again Christian'. Then He gives this same Christian the ability or power to live a Christian life.

It is up to us to accept or reject the Holy Spirit's guidance. What a concept, to know that the moment we were baptized into Christ's family, the Holy Spirit took up residence in us.

For if you live according to the sinful nature, you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the misdeeds of the body, you will live, because those who are led by the Spirit of God are sons of God. (Romans 8:13-14)

Read the text in Romans 8:1-11 here.

If you would like to comment via email do so here.

No comments: