Pageviews past week

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Ephesians 5:22-33

I began to read the text for today and immediately my thoughts went negative on me.  "Not again, why do I have to read the submission text again?  Why do I have to write about submission yet one more time?"  Do you know what I mean here?  I am such a control enthusiast (I am avoiding the word freak), that even the term, s-u-b-m-i-s-s-i-o-n causes me to take a deep breath.

I know what you are going to say, "But it's not about allowing someone to take advantage, it's about letting God be in control and honoring our spouses and those in authority."  Yes, I understand and your comments are true.  It is just that the word submission touches a nerve.  I know there is a reason for that.  Do you have the same issue?  I suspect I am not the only one who does.

What it boils down to is submitting to God; living as if God knows everything and has only my best interests in mind.  Cause He does.  I need to learn to bend my knees more often, submit to Him in prayer.  Submitting is another form of humility.  Now we are getting down to the nitty-gritty.  Humility isn't always my strong suit.  God is doing a job here and I am going to do my best to learn quickly with as little pain as possible.

Read all the Ephesians 5:22-33 text here.

No comments: