Pageviews past week

Monday, May 16, 2011

What's Gonna Work? Team Work Ephesians 4:1-16

Do you like to watch sports? I have learned to really enjoy watching some sports since meeting my husband. Steve is a Buckeye through and through. He bleeds scarlet and grey, so I learned early on that if I wanted to see my husband during college basketball and football season I needed to become a fan too.

I have learned something about myself during this time. I am a team sports type of fan. I don’t enjoy watching golf, or other individualized sports as much as I do the team sport. I get excited when the team works as a unit, feeding off each other’s strengths in order to achieve their goal.

I’m sure you can see where I am going with this. Our passage today says, “Try your best to let God's Spirit keep your hearts united. Do this by living at peace. All of you are part of the same body. There is only one Spirit of God, just as you were given one hope when you were chosen to be God's people.”

Basically this is saying we Christians are on the same team so we need to live like it. That means not only living at peace with one another, but using those around us who have different gifts than we do. Don’t be a lone ranger. We should also encourage each other, support one another, spend time together.

The best teamwork happens when you genuinely love your teammates.

Read today's passage at Biblegateway Ephesians 4:1-16

No comments: