Pageviews past week

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Psalm 139:7-12

When I first entered a 12-step program, one of the things I heard said during a newcomer's meeting was, "You are as sick as your biggest secret."  Those words had an impact on me, as I had lots of secrets I had been carrying around since childhood.  Some things I even kept from myself, by staying in denial, never admitting that my life wasn't perfect.

The verses from Psalm 139 were very powerful to me.  Read them and apply them to where you are right now and see if you too aren't spiritually impacted.

Where can I go from your Spirit? 
   Where can I flee from your presence? 
 If I go up to the heavens, you are there; 
   if I make my bed in the depths, you are there. 
 If I rise on the wings of the dawn, 
   if I settle on the far side of the sea, 
 even there your hand will guide me, 
   your right hand will hold me fast. 
 If I say, “Surely the darkness will hide me 
   and the light become night around me,” 
 even the darkness will not be dark to you; 
   the night will shine like the day, 
   for darkness is as light to you.

These words, as poetic as they are, have a wonderful and deep meaning.  For me it means no more secrets.  God knows it all and loves me anyway.  What does it mean to you?  Won't you share?


You are invited to email your comments here.
Read the entire Psalm 139 at Biblegateway.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What a wonderful message. I am not alone. He is with me always.