Pageviews past week

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

This One's a Bit Fruity Galatians 5:16-26

Do you have a Christian friend who you look up to? I don’t mean idolize because that of course would be idolatry, but someone who you see as walking this road of faith with integrity. I can actually name several people in my life who I genuinely feel are taking their faith seriously, and who are trying to live by the Spirit.

When reading our scripture for today I am reminded what it is I see in them, “But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control.” If you think about the Christians in your life that you look up too, I would bet they exhibit some of these attributes.

When being led by the Spirit this is the fruit we will produce and others around us will see the fruit through our actions, just as we see the fruit in those we respect. What attribute of the fruit do you exhibit the most? Which do you exhibit the least? Which attribute would you like to exhibit but don’t? Pray about how you can allow the Spirit’s fruit grow in your life.

Read today's passage at Biblegateway Galatians 5:16-26

No comments: