Pageviews past week

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Acts 13:1-13

Have you ever gone on a missionary journey, perhaps a short-term mission trip?  If so, you know what I mean when I say it is life-changing.  Following my first mission trip I felt different, I felt empowered, called and necessary to the advancement of Christ's kingdom.  In other words it was a powerful experience which helped me to see that even my small part can make a difference.

In the book of Acts we read about the first missionary journey of Paul. We are only given a snippet of the happenings during these trips, but even these brief glimpses provide wonderful stories of God working through His people. It is these missionary journeys where the church is spread over the entire world. That is still true today in the trips we participate in; abroad and at home.

Paul and Barnabas were chosen by God to lead this endeavor.  "While they were worshiping the Lord and fasting, the Holy Spirit said, “Set apart for me Barnabas and Saul for the work to which I have called them.” So after they had fasted and prayed, they placed their hands on them and sent them off." (Acts 13:2)

We too are chosen by God and called to spread the Good News.  We might be called to travel outside the USA, and outside our comfort zone.  We might be called to serve right in our own neighborhoods; the mission field is everywhere.

Read Acts 13:1-13 here.

No comments: