Pageviews past week

Friday, July 15, 2011

Acts 9:32-43

A picture is worth a thousand words.  Remember hearing that saying before?  In the text for today, two miracles were performed by Peter; the healing of a paralytic who had been bedridden for eight years, and bringing a dead woman back to life.  These actions painted pictures which enabled the people to see what God could do for His believers.  These pictures were a strong testimony for the truth.

"This became known all over Joppa, and many people believed in the Lord." (Acts 9:42)

This tells me that our testimonies are very important tools for spreading the Good News of Jesus Christ.  It also tells me that my actions are equally crucial.  If I talk the talk but my behavior does not reflect my words, they are useless.

It is obvious to me from reading these verses in Acts that people are watching the disciples.  They are taking in everything they are doing and they are talking about it to each other.  I think that is how it is today too.  People who know we are Christian, expect different/better behavior from us; they are watching and they are talking.


Read Acts 9:32-43 here.

No comments: