Pageviews past week

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Be Humble - Acts 20:13-27

Humility has been a real issue for me over the years. Before my walk with Jesus I was constantly looking for the approval of others and I found this practice was one of prideful self-service. By putting myself down I was providing opportunity for others to build me up. There is not much humility in that exercise.

Walking around with head hung low, waiting for someone to ask, "what's wrong?", is once again putting the focus on me. We learned yesterday of the importance of encouragement, but dealing with someone with low self-esteem requires a new approach. I found that someone who showed me my good points, was the best medicine. Many of us grew up without positive reinforcement and are lacking in the ability to think we have value - hence we build up a wall of false pride.

I served the Lord with great humility and with tears and in the midst of severe testing by the plots of my Jewish opponents. …However, I consider my life worth nothing to me; my only aim is to finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me—the task of testifying to the good news of God’s grace. (Acts 20:19-20,24)

Paul served Jesus and His people with humility and confidence. I love the verse in John 3:30 "He must become greater; I must become less." As I learn the only way to truly serve God and His people is with humility, I am loving life and I feel empowered and confident.
Read the Acts 20:13-27 text here.

No comments: