Pageviews past week

Saturday, August 20, 2011

God's Timing is often a Puzzle - Acts 23:34-24:27

When two years had passed, Felix was succeeded by Porcius Festus, but because Felix wanted to grant a favor to the Jews, he left Paul in prison. (Acts 24:27 NIV)

When two years had passed...really? Two years? I tend to question God's timing when He doesn't do something today! Paul must have prayed for patience, always a mistake if one is in a hurry. But obviously, Paul was not in a hurry, he understood that God's way is the best way and he was OK with that. This is where I need help, an area I must work on more.

Are there things you are afraid to pray about? Are there things in your life you really want God to take care of, to handle, but fear the answer to your prayers might be more painful than the situation that brought you to your knees? Oh, I am right there with you. I understand that my trepidation is because I do not trust, do not believe that God will truly take care of me and my loved ones in a timely fashion.

One thing I am learning from reading about Paul in the Book of Acts is that he really trusted, truly believed and absolutely loved God. He had faith in God’s timing and His way. Oh, for a faith that strong.

Jesus, my prayer this day is for myself and everyone reading this devotional; that you would grow our faith and instill a sense of the perfection of Your timing in our lives. Amen.
Read the Acts 23:34-24:27 text here.

No comments: