Pageviews past week

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

It's all in the Foundation - Matthew 7:24-29

Every once in a while I hear a speaker talk to their audience with authority and wisdom.  There is nothing like hearing a really good motivational speaker address a topic with knowledge and passion.  I want to hear them speak again and again.  Their words touch my heart and make me feel like I could live as they suggest.

There are many Christians speakers I have heard who move me like this.  They speak a line that reverberates with me so deeply I can recall their words even weeks following the event.  Beth Moore is one who has this gift, as well as all members of the Graham family; Franklin, Anne Graham Lotz and their father, Billy Graham; and many more.

The Scripture story today speaks about a time Jesus addressed a crowd.  Can you just imagine what that must have been like!  Jesus, speaking and encouraging His listeners to hear the Word and to live accordingly.  "These words I speak to you are not incidental additions to your life, homeowner improvements to your standard of living. They are foundational words, words to build a life on." (Matthew 7:24 MSG)

What I wouldn't give to hear Jesus speak on His word, explain its meaning and provide pertinent application to the text.

We are called to stand on God's Word as our foundation.  Until we see Jesus face to face, we must Grow Up Strong in God's Word, read our Bibles and live the life commanded on those pages.

Read the Matthew 7:24-29 text here.

No comments: