Pageviews past week

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Light to the Nations - Isaiah 49:1-7

“It is too small a thing for you to be my servant
   to restore the tribes of Jacob
   and bring back those of Israel I have kept.
I will also make you a light for the Gentiles,
   that my salvation may reach to the ends of the earth.”


I have a song playing in my head right now, "Light of the world you stepped out into darkness...," from a CD I have by Phillips, Craig and Dean.  When I sing this beautiful praise song in a worship service it seems like everything is clear to me.  While voicing the words of praise to God, who sent His Son as Light for this dark world; hearing all the faithful who are standing with me singing the same words, I feel like all is right with the world.

Some days seem very dark and every step a struggle to keep on the right path, not veering off into danger.  But, knowing God sent his Son for me, for you, sheds light on the day; the circumstances.  This scripture is all about Jesus reaching out in mission for the lost of this world.  We, too, are called to reach out in mission - to be light in a dark world for someone who has lost their way.  It sounds so simple, yet it took God and His son to bring this light.

“Kings will see you and stand up,
   princes will see and bow down,
because of the LORD, who is faithful,
   the Holy One of Israel, who has chosen you.”


Read the Isaiah 49:1-7 text here.

No comments: