Pageviews past week

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Light to the Peoples - Isaiah 51:1-8

These verses in Isaiah read like poetry with the musical flow and melodious words.  "Listen to me, you who pursue righteousness and who seek the LORD;"   Read the rest of that verse, "Look to the rock from which you were cut and to the quarry from which you were hewn;". The prophet is reminding those who are listening to him that their ancestor was Abraham, the Father of Nations.  He is reminding them that God made promises to his servant, Abraham and his decedents and they can be watching for that promise.

"My righteousness draws near speedily, my salvation is on the way, and my arm will bring justice to the nations. The islands will look to me and wait in hope for my arm." (Isaiah 51:5)


Isaiah was reminding people that God promised a Savior and He will be a light to the all the peoples. We are reminded as well that God makes good on His promises.  Jesus died for us; our sins are forgiven before we even commit them.  Jesus loves us even though we are sinful.  Unconditional love in a world filled with so many conditions seems unbelievable.

When the world or life is pressing in on all sides and darkness pervades, I can read lines like, "Lift up your eyes to the heavens," and I can look up and pray and cry out and know for sure that our God hears, loves, cares and acts on our behalf.

Read the Isaiah 51:1-8 text here.

No comments: