Pageviews past week

Saturday, October 8, 2011

Out of the darkness, into light - 1 Peter 2:4-12

Do you ever feel as if you just don't belong?  Does it ever seem like you don't connect with the world?  One thing I notice as I walk closer to Jesus is how different I think and feel now.  The more I immerse myself into His Word and then attempt to apply it to my life, the more I feel a distance from the world and from the person I was just a few years ago or even months ago.

God is constantly refining His followers; and those who believe in Him do not stay the same.  Every new situation life throws at them is processed differently.  I find I no longer get angry with people and work myself up into such a lather when I have been mistreated.  My reactions to others is different, my actions are more self-controlled and patient.

"But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, God’s special possession, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light." (1 Peter 2:9)

Having stepped out of darkness and into light has provided a new attitude.  Jesus lights the road ahead, His light helps me to see better, helps me to process differently.  I can see the world in a new way, I no longer expect someone who is not Christian to act like one.  I understand that it is the Holy Spirit who convicts us of wrong-doing.  Only those who have accepted Jesus as Savior will receive the Holy Spirit.

I now must be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks [you] to give the reason for the hope [you] have.  (1 Peter 2:15)

Read the 1 Peter 2:4-12 text here.  Listen to it here.

No comments: