Pageviews past week

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Lamentations 3: 22-24


Lamentations is not a book I am familiar with, so I began where my mother always said I should...at the beginning. Wow! It made me think of the United States and how it was once an endearing place in the eyes of other countries. Little by little our honor, and integrity is diminishing and we are becoming despised and attacked by others. Lamentations 1:1 reads: How deserted lies the city, once so full of people! How like a widow is she, who once was the greatest among the nations! She who was queen among the provinces has now become a slave."

The book continues on this same theme one verse after another. I could feel my heart identify with our present situation, as well as the future of our children and our children's children. It was difficult not to take every word personally and on a national scale, feeling a sense of devistation and hopelessness. Then, as He always does, God began molding my heart like clay. As I neared the passage for today, the tone began to change... Amen! "Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness."

Amidst the hate, destruction, immorality, and violence of this world, our God remains faithful when we look to Him. "I say to myself, the Lord is my portion: therefore I will wait for Him."

No comments: