Pageviews past week

Saturday, December 17, 2011

Psalm 110:1; Luke 2:11

David considered it an honor and privilege that God allowed him to hear a conversation with His Son. "The LORD says to my lord:“Sit at my right hand until I make your enemies a footstool for your feet.”


The Psalms are packed full of wisdom.  The message they delivered, the comfort they have provided countless millions over the ages is a testimony to the power of God's Word for us.  As we prepare our hearts and our homes for the celebration of Christmas we are reminded of the Greatest Story ever told.  Jesus entered this world to provide for our salvation and our future.  God is telling His son, Jesus, that He will be seated at His right hand, propping up His feet; His enemies as the footstool.

Those words conjure up quite a visual for me. There are times when I need to see that I will some day be victorious over all the pain that assails me in this life.  There are those days when I need to know that my adversaries will not prevail, but that I too, will be seated in the presence of God and His Son.

  • Life is difficult; we struggle, learn and grow through those difficulties.  
  • Life is challenging; we press on through the challenges emerging triumphant if not scarred a bit.  
  • Life is short; we embrace every moment and savor the lessons learned and proudly wear our scars as a badge of honor.
"Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is the Messiah, the Lord." (Luke 2:11)

No comments: