Pageviews past week

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

1 Corinthians 2:6-16

The Scripture reading for today is like a lesson on the Holy Spirit and wisdom. I learned as a new believer I only had to call upon the Holy Spirit and ask for wisdom and it would be available to me.  Perhaps that is where the saying, “Be careful what you ask for,” originates. The Holy Spirit doesn’t pull any punches, He imparts only truth and sometimes truth is difficult to hear.

Because we are Christians, we can get a glimpse of what God has in store for us. I know for me, reading the Bible regularly gives me an opportunity to sense God’s presence, to feel the Holy Spirit around me.  My journals tell the story of my walk with Jesus and as I read from past years entries I can see how the Spirit has been at work.  It becomes obvious as I look back just how involved He has been in my life.

That fact encourages me to continue my walk each day.  I might become momentarily paralyzed by the hideous reality of this world, but by keeping eyes on Jesus and walking in His light the Holy Spirit will take over and fill my heart with hope every day.

"The person without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God but considers them foolishness, and cannot understand them because they are discerned only through the Spirit. But we have the mind of Christ." (1 Corinthians 2:14,16)

It is the Holy Spirit and His involvement in Paul's life that allowed him to say, "But we have the mind of Christ." 

Read the 1 Corinthians 2:6-16 text here.  Listen to a reading of the 1 Corinthians 2:6-16 text here.

No comments: