Pageviews past week

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Matthew 6:7-15

Have you ever been asked, "How's your prayer life?"  What would your answer be?  What is an answer to a question like that?  Well, that's a pretty personal question don't you think?  Oh, yes, it is, very personal, and important.

If I had a friend who cared enough about me to ask me this questions I would take is as a compliment and feel as though I truly had a friend. Prayer is one of the best things we can do, for ourselves and for others. So, if I may be so bold as to ask, "How is your prayer life?" Jesus thought prayer so important that He prayed continually to His Father.  If Jesus needed to pray, well then we certainly have something to gain from it as well.

I love to read these verses from our Scripture for today. "And when you pray, do not keep on babbling like pagans, for they think they will be heard because of their many words. Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask him." (Matthew 6:7-8)

Isn't it good to know that God knows what we need before we even ask.  We are told too that we don't need many or big words to pray.  God would understand and enjoy hearing from us no matter how eloquent or simple our vocabulary is.  God hears our heart when we pray, not our words.

Read the Matthew 6:7-15 text here.  Listen to Matthew 6:7-15 here.

No comments: