Pageviews past week

Saturday, March 10, 2012

Psalm 22:12-21

"But you, LORD, do not be far from me. 
You are my strength; come quickly to help me
Deliver me from the sword, 
my precious life from the power of the dogs. 
Rescue me from the mouth of the lions; 
save me from the horns of the wild oxen." (Psalm 22:19-21)


Our lives are filled with many seasons (Ecclesiastes 3).  There are times when we face sickness and even death; times when a new life brings joy and happiness, then too there are the periods when we search for meaning and rejoice in peace and serenity.  Seasons can change from day to day, just as life does.

Whatever the stage we find ourselves, God is there with us.  My journal is filled with pleas to Him to keep me close.  I know I don't need to beg Him to stay close to me - that is where He always is.  But, sometimes I will stray or merely move away, out of earshot.  It is those times I must ask God to keep me close to Him.

The line above which is in bold (emphasis by this writer) is a prayer I keep tucked in my heart and use daily.  
You are my strengthcome quickly to help me. A day doesn't go by when I don't need His help.  What season do you find yourself residing in today?


Read Psalm 22 text here.

Listen to Psalm 22 here.

No comments: