Pageviews past week

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Isaiah 55:6-13

Isaiah 55:8-9 (NIV)
"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways," declares the LORD.
"As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts."

It is comforting to know that God does not operate as we do, nor does he watch the same clock we watch. I am beginning to realize, as I pass through this life and learn to navigate the valleys, mountains, and rugged terrain, that our God sees the big picture.

I am currently reading the popular Hunger Games books. The author is very good at keeping the reader on the edge of their seat. The action is enthralling and I am always kept wondering what is going to happen next. The author guides her characters through situations with finesse; moving them forward when neither they nor the reader understand the reasoning.

My life and yours too, is often like that. We put one foot in front of the other with much trepidation; we progress to the next day and the next week unsure of what that future will hold. Believers have hope and we trust that God will get us where we need to go. How often do we walk blindly into the future, much like fictional character in trendy novels, our only navigational tool the Heavenly Instinct our Creator has provided us with?

When I am stuck in the midst of a drama filled season, I trust that God knows what is going to take place when I turn the page.  I have confidence that He has already written the next chapter of my life and that it is important I walk through whatever valley I find myself.  It is Blessed Assurance to me that God knows the end of my story.  He knows every punch line and paragraph and will use every plot to enhance my life and my future. I can handle the pain and grief today brings because He can see the big picture and promises me a happy ending.

Read the Isaiah 55:6-13 text here.

Listen to Isaiah 55:6-13 here.

1 comment:

gail said...

I love this Isaiah passage, and you did a great job of bringing it home Judy! :)