Pageviews past week

Saturday, April 21, 2012

Ephesians 1:3-14

Ephesians 1:3 (NIV)
"Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in the heavenly realms with every spiritual blessing in Christ." 

Oh, to be in Heaven with Jesus already and to be praising and worshiping Him. I wonder just what that looks like and feels like.  If I am honest with you, it sounds boring, but I know that by the time I get to Heaven, I will be such a different person on the inside.  My likes and desires will be heavenly and not earthly.

I also know in my heart that God has work for us in paradise.  Not the sort of work you do in order to survive, to put a roof over your head, no, work that will fill our spirits.  I don't have the slightest idea what that might look like, but I can dream about it.  Based on what I know right the very minute I would be selling the concept of Heaven short.  My mind can't even begin to fathom a perfect world surrounded by all the Saints who have gone before me.

There is an old hymn that I love to sing that might give a wee glimpse of that life. You can listen to it here.  "When We All Get To Heaven."  Here is the refrain:

When we all get to Heaven,
What a day of rejoicing that will be!
When we all see Jesus,
We’ll sing and shout the victory!

Ephesians 1:13-14 (NIV) 
"And you also were included in Christ when you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation. Having believed, you were marked in him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit,
who is a deposit guaranteeing our inheritance until the redemption of those who are God's possession--to the praise of his glory." 


Read Ephesians 1:3-14 here

Listen to Ephesians 1:3-14 here

No comments: