Pageviews past week

Monday, April 9, 2012

Genesis 1:1-13

Genesis 1:2 (NIV)
 Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters.

To me, this is one of the most poetic verses in Scripture. The words, "...and the Spirit of God was hovering..." I love to read how the Spirit hovers because I know He is always close, especially when I call upon Him to draw near.

The image I get when reading these lines is that of a mother hen with her wings wrapped tightly around her little chicks; or that of an Eagle whose wings are spread out and the mighty bird is soaring and gliding and 'hovering' over the tree tops. This majestic view is one of sanctuary and spectacle, authority and awe, grandeur and glory.

Paint a picture of the first day of creation in your mind using words that provide a Spiritual High. It takes a bit of doing, as there just aren't words big enough or bright enough to do the scene justice. I often try to put the feelings in my heart onto paper using fancy words or colored pens. But the truth is I am not able to do justice to the work the Spirit of God does within me. I can only try to represent Him to the world as an amazing being, hovering over my life.

When the Spirit hovers, lives are changed. Come Holy Spirit!

Read Genesis 1:1-13 here

Listen to Genesis 1:1-13 here.

No comments: