Pageviews past week

Saturday, April 7, 2012

Mark 15:21-37

"At the sixth hour darkness came over the whole land until the ninth hour. And at the ninth hour Jesus cried out in a loud voice, “Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani?”—which means, “My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?” (Mark 15:33-34)

What does it take to get to the place where we wonder if God has abandoned us?  I don't think I have ever been that low yet.  I have felt pain and wondered where everyone had gone - but that was only a momentary feeling. I have not suffered physical and emotional and spiritual pain all at once.

I am sure those suffering from devastating illnesses or injuries have experienced this type of emotion.  This is another good reason to live close to God, to stay within arm's reach, or a knee-bend, of His presence.  When we are so comfortable we can talk to God, to cry out as Jesus did and not need to fear how our pleading will be received, that is a relationship that will stand forever.

God's heart must have broken when He heard His Son cry out.  But He knew the Resurrection was coming, Easter Sunday was and is, just around the corner.  See you at the foot of the cross on tomorrow.  It will be quite a celebration!

Read Mark 15:21-37 here

Listen to Mark 15:21-37 here

No comments: