Pageviews past week

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Psalm 43

Psalm 43:3 (MSG)
"Give me your lantern and compass, give me a map, So I can find my way to the sacred mountain, to the place of your presence,"

Memorizing scripture is a challenge for me, and I know many of you struggle with this too.  There is nothing I find more comforting than to be able to bring to mind a Word from God when things get hairy.  Psalm 27 was my first attempt at memorization of God's Word.  For me, it is one of the most beautiful and meaningful Psalms.  Given the trouble and life changes I found myself facing this past couple years, much peace and strength was drawn from these words.

I have to admit that all the verses speak to me on a different plane, at different junctions of life and to various troubles, so I do not have them memorized in order, but individually.  When reading verse 3 of the Psalm 43 for today, I was reminded of the first verse in Psalm 27, "The LORD is my light and my salvation-- whom shall I fear? The LORD is the stronghold of my life-- of whom shall I be afraid?"

The next time I am wandering this life in pain, or simply seeking a friendly word, I will call to memory Psalm 43:3 above.  A short story could be written on this verse. There is intrigue and uncertainty, plot and plan, antagonist and solution.  God provides these elements to us each day of our life.  We can choose to develop this story-line and learn and grow as we plod through the days, or we can allow our lives to fall apart, to live life in disarray.

Don't you love to read these words? "Give me your lantern and compass, give me a map, So I can find my way to the sacred mountain, to the place of your presence," Psalm 43:3 (MSG)

Read Psalm 43 here

Listen to Psalm 43 here

No comments: