Pageviews past week

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Galatians 5:13-26

Remember what your life was like before you invited Jesus into it?  When you were living your way instead of God's way, was there preponderance of love; did you enjoy life as you do now?  Taking the time to examine life today and compare it with yesterday will reveal answers to these questions.  Those answers are the makings of your testimony.

"But what happens when we live God's way? He brings gifts into our lives, much the same way that fruit appears in an orchard—things like affection for others, exuberance about life, serenity. We develop a willingness to stick with things, a sense of compassion in the heart, and a conviction that a basic holiness permeates things and people. We find ourselves involved in loyal commitments, not needing to force our way in life, able to marshal and direct our energies wisely." (Galatians 5:22-23 MSG)

I enjoy reading the Eugene Peterson's Message Bible version for these two verses. I can see the words and compare them to my life; my behavior and my heart before Christ was invited in and afterwards.  What a difference, not only in my actions, but in the peace I feel inside.  I no longer have this empty feeling that life lived without Jesus provides. It is hard to explain, but I used to feel that Christians were pretentious puppets whose strings were being pulled by some invisible kill-joy.

That sounds harsh, but many who don't know Christ view a life lived for Christ as one that has no room for fun or excitement.  I have found nothing to be further from the truth.  But, fun is different now.  The enjoyment I get out of life is never at the expense of someone else, and it certainly isn't at the expense of my own soul.  Living in tuned with the Spirit is living.

Read Galatians 5:13-26 here

Listen to Galatians 5:13-26 hRere

No comments: