Pageviews past week

Friday, May 25, 2012

John 14:15-31

Jesus promised his disciples that He would never leave them.  Even following His death and Resurrection when he left this world to sit at The Father's right hand, His Spirit, the Holy Spirit came to reveal more to them and to us.

John 14:15-17 (NIV)
"If you love me, you will obey what I command.  And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Counselor to be with you forever--the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be in you."

As Christians, we have the privilege of the Holy Spirit.  Jesus called him Counselor.  He is also referred to as advocate, supporter and sponsor. It is the Holy Spirit I turn to when I can't make sense out of life.  It is this Spirit I cry out to when I need direction and am seeking a meaning for my pain.  The Holy Spirit gives me wisdom and hope when my life is the darkest. He is my nightlight.

This person of the Trinity is the great Enabler who, when asked, will enable us to fight Satan with the Word, who will regenerate, reveal, and renew us every day. Come Holy Spirit is a daily prayer.

Read John 14:15-31 here

Listen to John 14:15-31 here

No comments: