Pageviews past week

Monday, May 14, 2012

Philippians 1:1-11


“I thank my God every time I remember you.” (Philippians 1:3)

If I was on the receiving end of this statement, I would feel good about myself. What a compliment to hear these words. I wonder what would make someone say them. Is there anyone you know that you would be compelled to say this a about?

The Philippians made quite an impression on Paul because it had been almost 10 years since he had seen them. Communication had to have been kept up, as Paul’s heart was filled with love for these fellow Believers, and as he said, he prayed for them. Prayer is a perfect type of communication. Is there someone you haven’t seen for a long time but you pray for? Does it make you feel closer to them?

When I am praying for a friend or loved one who lives a distance from me, or who I seldom see, I can visualize them in my mind as I pray. The same is true if I am journaling my prayers that day. I can picture the recipient of my prayers, as I last saw them. Paul probably could see his Philippian friends too.
In all my prayers for all of you, I always pray with joy” (Philippians 1:4)


Paul prayed for his friends, with joy. He could do this because of their Christian bond. Paul knew their salvation was secure and he knew they were working for Christ, spreading the Good News. That gave Paul joy. When praying for fellow believers, we too can experience the same joy. We have a powerful connection; the Cross of Christ.

Read Philippians 1:1-11 here

Listen to Philippians 1:1-11 here

No comments: