Pageviews past week

Saturday, May 19, 2012

Philippians 4:1-23

There is a saying, Garbage in-Garbage out, and the verse below makes me think of this phrase. It means that I cannot expect to have a light and joyful spirit if I am constantly listening to a complainer, or surround myself with negative situations. As I often write, starting my day in God's Word gets me going on the right foot.  Reading various devotionals coupled with Scripture and give me a good attitude to face the day.

Philippians 4:8 (NIV)
"Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable--if anything is excellent or praiseworthy--think about such things."

It is so important to fill our heads with positive positioning for the day.  It is vital that I not fill my life with people and things that are negative; there is no benefit to this.  We need to be centered on things that are true, noble, right, pure, lovely, admirable, excellent or praiseworthy.  This will almost guarantee a good day or at the very least we will be able to find one of these things in a challenging situation.

So, is there something you can do differently today to turn a possible sad situation around?  What does your calendar look like?  Are you going to be faced with opposition, or turmoil?  Only you can decide if you are going to have a good day or a bad one.

Read Philippians 4:1-23 here

Listen to Philippians 4:1-23 here

No comments: