Pageviews past week

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Joshua 19:1-9


Joshua 19:9 (NIV)
"The inheritance of the Simeonites was taken from the share of Judah, because Judah's portion was more than they needed. So the Simeonites received their inheritance within the territory of Judah."

I have been struggling once again to glean the message from all the official declarations pertaining to allotments and boundaries and more.  Yesterday it was obvious to me God was telling about the importance of the details of my life and how he wants to be included in them.

Today, I am sensing he is encouraging me to share my 'stuff' with those who do not have near as much as I, or near enough to live life with a portion of comfort.  I heard the Lord's Pray in my heart and the words, "Give us this day, our daily bread," and realized one of the ways God provides for each and every one of us is through the obedience of one another.

We are to love each other as we love ourselves.  That means I am to share my bounty with others.  I may think I don't have enough for me, how can I share with someone else?  This will look different from person to person because our needs and our possessions are different.  But, God is making himself clear, the details and important and one of the details is taking care of each other.  We are our brothers keeper!

Read Joshua 19:1-9 here


Listen to Joshua 19:1-9 here

No comments: