Pageviews past week

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Joshua 21:34-42


There is a line I read recently in a devotional I subscribe to I would like to share:

"LORD, you promised it,
I believe it,
And that settles it!"

I want to live my life beginning each day with these words. Every morning when I wake up, before I even begin the crawl out of bed, these words need to be the first prayer of my day.  Would that change my outlook?  I think so.  Would a changed outlook impact the way I view challenges that lay ahead?  It certainly would.  Would this new view determine the outcome of my trials?  It should.  Would the favorable outcome point to God and His faithfulness?  Most definitely.

It would seem that all these hundreds of years after Joshua's time on this earth, we are still learning about God's faithfulness to His promises.  The events of so many years past influence our faith-walk today.  The endless lists of battles, land divisions and allotments for each tribe have a purpose to us reading them today.  All of this points back to the words:

"LORD, you promised it,
I believe it,
And that settles it!"


"All the towns allotted to the Merarite clans, who were the rest of the Levites, were twelve. The towns of the Levites in the territory held by the Israelites were forty-eight in all, together with their pasturelands. Each of these towns had pasturelands surrounding it; this was true for all these towns." (Joshua 21:40-42)


Read Joshua 21:34-42 here

Listen to Joshua 21:34-42 here

No comments: