Pageviews past week

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

The Story - Chapter 4 - Exodus 1-2

A Burning Bush Moment

Do you ever doubt the words of someone who begins their sentence with, “I feel God calling me to …” Do you wonder if this could be true? We may even shy away from those people who seem to have a connection with God that doesn’t seen normal. I wonder, what does a normal connection with God look like? Do you know what it looks or feels like for you? Moses was most likely wondering these things following his first personal encounter.

Exodus 3:4-8 (NIV)

“When the LORD saw that he had gone over to look, God called to him from within the bush, "Moses! Moses!" And Moses said, "Here I am."

"Do not come any closer," God said. "Take off your sandals, for the place where you are standing is holy ground."

Then he said, "I am the God of your father, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac and the God of Jacob." At this, Moses hid his face, because he was afraid to look at God.

The LORD said, "I have indeed seen the misery of my people in Egypt. I have heard them crying out because of their slave drivers, and I am concerned about their suffering.

So I have come down to rescue them from the hand of the Egyptians and to bring them up out of that land into a good and spacious land, a land flowing with milk and honey--the home of the Canaanites, Hittites, Amorites, Perizzites, Hivites and Jebusites.”

I am thinking a mile-a-minute after reading these words. Could God be saying similar things to us today? Does he see the misery of his people now? Yes and yes. And even more, He sees your misery, your pain and His Word reminds us He sent Jesus to rescue you and me.

What is your ‘burning-bush’ moment? Can you recall the time you felt as though you were in the presence of God and you sensed His call on your life? Is He revealing a plan for you that you feel so ill-equipped to undertake? My friend, step out in faith; an amazing journey waits.
Read Exodus 3-4 here

Listen to Exodus 3-4 here

No comments: